Q: The shipping seems high, is it correct?
A: If the shipping amount seems high, please contact us. The system has it's limit on properly calculating shipping, so we can manually calculate it for you, and send you a correct invoice.
Q:The price went down, can I get a refund?
A: We deal with various suppliers and sometimes receive special pricing. No refunds will be issued if the price decreases after purchasing an item.
Q: My item didn’t show up in the original packaging, is it new?
A: Sometimes the original packaging is too bulky to ship the item in. While it’s few and far between, in order to keep costs down, we will have certain items removed from their original packaging due to the cost of shipping. Also we usually receive the OEM Holden key fobs in a package of 4, so unless you purchase 4 they will most likely not be in the OEM packaging.
Q: I received my OEM key fob how can I program it.
A: There are a few ways to program the key fob. You can self program it following these instructions :
Programming Transmitters Without Tech 2
- Turn the ignition to ON, then wait 10 minutes for the next step in the programming sequence.
- After the 10 minutes has elapsed, the car horn will chirp once. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position within 5 minutes after the horn has sounded, then to the ON position within 5 seconds after switching it OFF.
- Leave the key to the ON position for 10 minutes. After the 10 minutes has elapsed, the car horn will chirp twice. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position within 5 minutes after the horn has sounded, then to the ON position within 5 seconds after switching it OFF.
- Leave the key to the ON position for 10 minutes. After the 10 minutes has elapsed, the car horn will chirp 3 times.
- Verify that the security indicator in the instrument cluster has stopped flashing and attempt to start the vehicle.
- Turn the ignition to OFF and remove the key from the ignition switch.
- Move approximately 3 meters (10 ft) away from the vehicle and test the transmitter functions to validate that the transmitter has been programmed successfully.
You can also have a GM dealer program it, or you can have a locksmith with the proper tools program it. There are no refunds on key fobs as they can only be programmed once, and they can be bricked during programming. It is RARE that this happens, but we must let you know that it’s a possibility.
Q: I went to have the key programmed but I’m being told it’s dead.
A: The GTO key fobs work on a 304Mhz frequency. We went through 3 frequency testers that were supposed to work until we found one that did. Be assured that all key fobs are tested before they leave.
Q: I see you have one side of an item, do you have the other?
A: Almost all the items we have are listed on the website. While we do our best to get both sides, sometimes the one side is no longer available. You can always contact us to double check, Sales@Eastcoastholdenparts.com